holy-day
Ramadhan has left and Eid has come.. leaving us only being allowed to look back, reminisce and muhasabah on the ways we greeted and treated Ramadhan, on the ways we spent every minutes of the days in the month of the Holy month; the month that comes only once a year, full of God's blessings, barakah, forgiveness and endless Rahmat..and yet, I, admitting myself a Muslim, had failed a lot of times to perform and observe my obligations towards God the Almighty as His servant..
Every year, Ramadhan will touch our hearts and leave it's marking of its presence in its many, various and different ways. And yet, it all comes down to one thing. A feedback. A feedback on how we appreciate, greet and treat Ramadhan which is no doubt a reflection of our iman, faith, heart and soul..
Of all my 19 years of lives, obviously, I did not get to learn to appreciate the significance of the Holy month since birth. It was only until recently. Before, Ramadhan was only a month when all Muslims have to fast from morning til the azan maghrib. Then there's the rushing to the mosque for tarawih. And that was it. Most exciting part of all is the wait for Eid..Ramadhan was just..well..not felt much.
I dare say that I learnt to appreciate the presence of Ramadhan not only til last year. That was when I sat for my SPM. It was then everyone depended so much on God. It was a period where everyone prayed extra hard with all their heart for success and for God's help. Well, actually, it's so natural for people (being specific; me) to pray extra hard, to depend so much on God when they're facing trouble or hard times or when they just need extra help. (Which is actually a very good thing should it be practiced throughout my every day life and not subjected to only exam periods which; I hope I do now). i guess mankind tend to take it for granted that Allah is Mha Pengampun, Penyayang and Maha Pemurah..
Anyhow..yeah, so after the whole SPM month was gone, Ramadhan passed by, I came to learn that Ramadhan is a madrasah. Get it? I'm shur many have heard people saying Ramadhan as a madrasah (school; academy; institution; you name it). The one-month period should be able to train people. Fasting teaches us to be patience. We learn to control every temptation of ours during the days, people compete to perform ibadah, all the sunnah practices can be observed by so many people in this month, and so many other little things that we might not notice or do with respect o the Holy month. This one-month period should have been able to mould the attitudes, the soul of every Muslims to become better Muslims every time after Ramadhan leaves for the year. And yet, this can only be accomplished when Muslims themselves respect, appreciate, hayati Ramadhan. With all their hearts and beliefs.
This year, I'm happy, sad and disappointed.. and I have also gained new experiences.
Alhamdulillah, I have managed to accomplish doing things that I missed out last year. Whatever it is, it is between God and me. I pray that God will bless and accept all my deeds; and may I be continuous, consistent, istiqomah with all my deeds, amal and ibadah.
I am sad that I did not manage to focus fully in going through Ramadhan as this year; Ramadhan was also the month of exam. I am not saying that exams are to be blamed or whatever; it's just that it was quite a hectic month. I mean, before, Ramadhan was always holidays, and spent at home.
But then again, regardless of how terrible the papers were *triple long groans to all law papers*, its quite an honor and blessing to have been able to sit for exams (tests, ordeals, obstacles –don’t u all agree? Hehe) during the Holy month when God showers His blessings, rahmah and barakah the most..
Disappointments? Well..people tend to take Ramadhan for granted. There are people who just fast and pray so many rakaah of tarawih just because they are accustomed to such practice and not because of menghayati Ramadhan. For that, after Ramadhan's gone, life goes back to as before, no affects of whatsoever. Well, looking on the bright side, alhamdulillah they paid respect as to celebrating the Holy month by being an extra good Muslims during Ramadhan.
There are also people who fast only just because everyone around them do and yet, the obligatory prayers were not performed. God's laws and orders were not obeyed. How can Ramadhan leave such affects to these hearts? May Allah layyin their hearts and shines His nuur and Hidayah to them...
Even those who are already good Muslims sometimes fail to appreciate Ramadhan, fail to compete with all others in grabbing all the opportunities that God gives during the Holy month in drawing closer to Him, to get all His blessings be bestowed by Him. Being ever so busy with worldly matters and daily lives, they put aside Ramadhan's celebration. So many reasons given, so many excuses. I'm not specifying or hinting on anyone or on any deeds that weren't done or missed by anyone. This is very much a reminder to myself. Its all my thoughts, my words, (my blog! Hahhha)..just voicing out my thoughts..
There are so many more categories and so many more thoughts to be shared..but I am no one to judge others. I myself have a lot to improve. My Ramadhan wasn't very much also. Main point, let us all pray that we will be given the opportunity by God to live to greet and appreciate the next Ramadhan better than this year's. let us all regret all the sins we have done, the minutes we have wasted and may we all live today better than yesterday towards becoming better Muslims; All in pursuing Allah's blessings in life..may we all get to dwell in His heavens in the afterlife so we are not among those who are thrown into the Hellfire as punishments for our deeds in this life...
ya Allah..ketemukanlah aku dengan Ramadhan akan datang agar dapat aku mendapat peluang untuk lebih memanfaatkannya..semoga amalku di dalam bulan Ramadhan kali ini diterima dan diberkati...tetapkanlah hati ini di atas jalanMu..jauhkanku dari dosa maksiat agar aku tidak tergolong di dalm golongan mereka yang rugi dan menempah nerakaMU..
Every year, Ramadhan will touch our hearts and leave it's marking of its presence in its many, various and different ways. And yet, it all comes down to one thing. A feedback. A feedback on how we appreciate, greet and treat Ramadhan which is no doubt a reflection of our iman, faith, heart and soul..
Of all my 19 years of lives, obviously, I did not get to learn to appreciate the significance of the Holy month since birth. It was only until recently. Before, Ramadhan was only a month when all Muslims have to fast from morning til the azan maghrib. Then there's the rushing to the mosque for tarawih. And that was it. Most exciting part of all is the wait for Eid..Ramadhan was just..well..not felt much.
I dare say that I learnt to appreciate the presence of Ramadhan not only til last year. That was when I sat for my SPM. It was then everyone depended so much on God. It was a period where everyone prayed extra hard with all their heart for success and for God's help. Well, actually, it's so natural for people (being specific; me) to pray extra hard, to depend so much on God when they're facing trouble or hard times or when they just need extra help. (Which is actually a very good thing should it be practiced throughout my every day life and not subjected to only exam periods which; I hope I do now). i guess mankind tend to take it for granted that Allah is Mha Pengampun, Penyayang and Maha Pemurah..
Anyhow..yeah, so after the whole SPM month was gone, Ramadhan passed by, I came to learn that Ramadhan is a madrasah. Get it? I'm shur many have heard people saying Ramadhan as a madrasah (school; academy; institution; you name it). The one-month period should be able to train people. Fasting teaches us to be patience. We learn to control every temptation of ours during the days, people compete to perform ibadah, all the sunnah practices can be observed by so many people in this month, and so many other little things that we might not notice or do with respect o the Holy month. This one-month period should have been able to mould the attitudes, the soul of every Muslims to become better Muslims every time after Ramadhan leaves for the year. And yet, this can only be accomplished when Muslims themselves respect, appreciate, hayati Ramadhan. With all their hearts and beliefs.
This year, I'm happy, sad and disappointed.. and I have also gained new experiences.
Alhamdulillah, I have managed to accomplish doing things that I missed out last year. Whatever it is, it is between God and me. I pray that God will bless and accept all my deeds; and may I be continuous, consistent, istiqomah with all my deeds, amal and ibadah.
I am sad that I did not manage to focus fully in going through Ramadhan as this year; Ramadhan was also the month of exam. I am not saying that exams are to be blamed or whatever; it's just that it was quite a hectic month. I mean, before, Ramadhan was always holidays, and spent at home.
But then again, regardless of how terrible the papers were *triple long groans to all law papers*, its quite an honor and blessing to have been able to sit for exams (tests, ordeals, obstacles –don’t u all agree? Hehe) during the Holy month when God showers His blessings, rahmah and barakah the most..
Disappointments? Well..people tend to take Ramadhan for granted. There are people who just fast and pray so many rakaah of tarawih just because they are accustomed to such practice and not because of menghayati Ramadhan. For that, after Ramadhan's gone, life goes back to as before, no affects of whatsoever. Well, looking on the bright side, alhamdulillah they paid respect as to celebrating the Holy month by being an extra good Muslims during Ramadhan.
There are also people who fast only just because everyone around them do and yet, the obligatory prayers were not performed. God's laws and orders were not obeyed. How can Ramadhan leave such affects to these hearts? May Allah layyin their hearts and shines His nuur and Hidayah to them...
Even those who are already good Muslims sometimes fail to appreciate Ramadhan, fail to compete with all others in grabbing all the opportunities that God gives during the Holy month in drawing closer to Him, to get all His blessings be bestowed by Him. Being ever so busy with worldly matters and daily lives, they put aside Ramadhan's celebration. So many reasons given, so many excuses. I'm not specifying or hinting on anyone or on any deeds that weren't done or missed by anyone. This is very much a reminder to myself. Its all my thoughts, my words, (my blog! Hahhha)..just voicing out my thoughts..
There are so many more categories and so many more thoughts to be shared..but I am no one to judge others. I myself have a lot to improve. My Ramadhan wasn't very much also. Main point, let us all pray that we will be given the opportunity by God to live to greet and appreciate the next Ramadhan better than this year's. let us all regret all the sins we have done, the minutes we have wasted and may we all live today better than yesterday towards becoming better Muslims; All in pursuing Allah's blessings in life..may we all get to dwell in His heavens in the afterlife so we are not among those who are thrown into the Hellfire as punishments for our deeds in this life...
ya Allah..ketemukanlah aku dengan Ramadhan akan datang agar dapat aku mendapat peluang untuk lebih memanfaatkannya..semoga amalku di dalam bulan Ramadhan kali ini diterima dan diberkati...tetapkanlah hati ini di atas jalanMu..jauhkanku dari dosa maksiat agar aku tidak tergolong di dalm golongan mereka yang rugi dan menempah nerakaMU..


0 y0ur say:
Post a Comment
<< Home