...living L.I.F.E and l0ving i.t...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

an old post; on washrooms..


I take offence to dirty toilets, washrooms and any of their kind. Yes, I admit I am very particular when it comes to the hygiene of a toilet. Bear me nag, I definitely would when I am irked with dirty toilets. Now, wait, before you judge me and think that I am such a snob, can’t live in hardship, ungrateful for having a modern-canggih-sophisticated kind of toilets as compared to those who live in the slums or camps; yeah, I know those thoughts comes fast in the speed of lightning when I bring this up BUT, I am only complaining and criticizing BECAUSE, because, BE-cause, am I in a country at war? Nope. Is my country a poor country? Nope. In fact I know for sure my country’s claiming for the ‘First-world country’ title. More, hmm.. the city that I live in, is it a slum area? Nope. You see? If the places where I go to are places of the kinds I have mentioned above, then I would understand and definitely would not complain. (I have histories and hallmark moments in life of staying in jungles, going for trainings where we dug up and build our own loos ohkaay)

IMHO, toilet hygiene should be a priority in any city or state or country for that matter. Honest to God, and seriously. Especially when you claim the country is a Muslim/ Islamic country. (note that I have to put both since I don’t think the issue of which kind of country we are, are now settled and determined. That’s another issue altogether btw. Chet.) the fact that toilets are for the use of the public, imagine how many hundreds if not thousands or millions of people you’re sharing it with. Don’t your mind unfailingly wonder as to who have used the toilet? (no, I don’t mean who as in which public figures or celebrities etc)

I believe that people should always and always use the toilet and then make sure it’s clean before you leave the cubicle. People are so selfish these days! Just imagine if you are to need to use the loo, and you come in to a really urgh-undescribable horrifying condition of a toilet ( I would like to spare the details), how would you feel? Is it hard to use and have always the thought that ‘what if you were the one to use after this’ in mind? Use it, and leave it in a condition as how you would like to personally find it if you are to use it. Think of others as how you think for yourself. Oh, on that note, and if the toilet is clogged or there’s any leakage or anything of the kind; go report it to the authorities around. Paling-paling pun, go tell the cleaners. Don’t think that just because there are makcik2 cleaners who are paid to clean up the toilet, you're free to go any how? for God’s sake, have you heard of collective responsibility? And furthermore, the makcik2 cleaners are old. Don’t you have the slightest pity for them? Imagine if they’re your mother, grandmother, aunty, relative or any of your loved ones. Help la by just spraying clean the floor and the toilet bowl with water after you’re done with your business. If everyone’s to be more conscious with toilet hygiene, I won’t have to spend my first 5minutes in the cubicle spraying and washing and scrubbing the toilet clean before I could use them. And I wouldn’t have to use paper towels to line the toilet bowl seat and contribute to global warming.

Global warming. *sigh* that’s another issue altogether. Oh dear, so many issues we have don’t we.

And for ALL that I have rambled and ranted; I congratulate University of Malaya’s Faculty of Law. The first time I was there, I was greatly impressed with the washrooms. It’s clean as compared to any other institution’s washroom I have ever been to in Malaysia. Seriously. I couldn’t stop myself from being amazed. And after the numerous visits even until today, I have always looked forward to ‘spending time’ in the faculty’s washroom. :D am greatly pleased. A happy washroom-user I am there.

5 y0ur say:

  • i get what u mean about toilet hygiene. i don't understand how people can just walk out knowing that they purposely left a public toilet dirty.
    i didn't know UM's toilets r clean.

    says Blogger Najia, at 12:38 PM  

  • salam...
    i hate dirty toilets too!
    anyway, nurul paid rm5 to check out a toilet in The Garden some weeks ago... "indah khabar dari rupa.."
    nurul who you asked?
    nurul farhanah wan hasamudin, sakinah's little sister... errr your long lost friend...
    nope this is not sakinah...
    it's me... the makcik who used to pass by your house every morning when she sent her kiddos to school. good old days....
    leave me a line at aiasah.hashim@gmail.com

    says Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

  • yeaa! another toilet fan...
    of course a clean one laa

    says Blogger ink3r, at 8:46 PM  

  • hahahaha
    laughing at your style of writing..not you.
    akak ni jenis sanggup tahan kencing/berak sampai balik ke rumah rather than go to a dirty toilet!

    says Blogger أم الليث, at 7:12 PM  

  • najia: hmm..i wonder if i can claim for commissions after promoting UM .. tee hee

    makcik: i cant believe i actually contemplated whether i wanted to give away five bux to check out the toilet or not the last time i was at the gardens! thnk u! indah khabar dari rupa yek rupanye..hehe..
    p/s: u drOpped a line finally! so will i soon insyaAllah :D

    ink3r: welcome to da club..hee

    ummu layth: so good to her from u again! sorry sgt lama dah tak keep in touch.. :( baby layth looks so besar sudaa..

    says Blogger ryhn, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home